Benefits of Hydrotherapy:
Hydrotherapy refers to the use of water for relieving body stress. Medicinal research has shown several advantages of water therapy for individuals of all ages. Pregnant women, young and old alike, benefit from water sports.
Water or hydrotherapy is a low-intensity workout that can gradually help you lose weight and keep in good shape.
So the next time you’re in the pool, you can try these exercises to improve your fitness.
Exercises To Try:
1. Walk In Water:
This is a beginner-level exercise that targets your core, lower abdomen, and arms. You can gradually increase the intensity by adding weights to your ankles.
- Start by strolling in shallow water that is around mid-waist.
- Stretch your spine and apply pressure on your heels and later your toes while walking.
- Your arms should be at your side, in the water, and you should move them as you walk.
- Stand tall as you walk to engage your core.
- Keep strolling for 5-10 minutes.
2. Arm Lifts In Water:
This exercise helps you tone the muscles in your arms, often identified as a problematic region. You may add foam dumbbells to create some resistance against the water.
- Stand in deep water, up to your shoulders.
- Hold the weights on your side, with your palms facing up.
- Your elbows should be drawn in close to your chest as you lift your forearms.
- Lower your arms back to the beginning position.
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
3. Jumping Jacks:
This exercise helps engage your lower abdomen and upper body.
- Stand in water at chest level.
- Start with your feet together and your arms by your sides.
- Jump by moving your legs outward while simultaneously bringing your arms over your head.
- Get back to the starting position with your feet together and your arms at your side by jumping again.
- Do 1-3 sets of 8-12 reps.
4. Leg Kicks:
This exercise helps engage the core muscles and the muscles in the legs. Try these different kicks to get various muscles in the leg activated.
- Clutch the pool edge or hold a kickboard.
- Move your legs up and down like in flutter kicks.
- Scissor-kick your legs open and shut.
- Practice with dolphin kicks.
- Do each kick for 1-3 minutes.
A Word Of Caution:
While practicing these exercises for a toned body, a few things must be remembered. First, ensure that you get a word in about this with your doctor first. Take their advice in case you’re suffering from any condition that may get worse with these exercises.
Additionally, make sure your pool is safe and clean for you to workout in.
InfiniteBlu Pool Service is a pool cleaning, pool maintenance, and pool repair service in Kenilworth.